Making Dining Chair Slipcovers
The old, damaged chairs can make entire your dining room look sloppy. One way to change that aspect, and possibly make your chairs more comfortable, is using dining chair slipcovers. However, sometimes they can cost as much as buying new chairs, so you save a lot of money if you do. You need to have some sewing skills to make dining chair slipcovers.
- Measure the back of the chair with tape to make dining chair slipcovers. Then measure the width. Cut two rectangles of equal size.
- Fabric draped over the chair according to your measurements and place pins joining the pieces on the lines of the seams. Cut the leftover fabric but leave 1.25 cm beyond the extra lines for sewing.
- Remove the pattern from the back of the chair and mark the seam lines with tailor’s chalk.
- Cut the pieces of the mold of your fabric cover and puzzle through a seam on the appropriate lines.
- Measure the base of the chair to create the skirt.
- Place pins attaching the right sides of the skirt and make the hem of the skirt on the cover of the chair. Fold the skirt to hang as it should be.